Translate

Sunday 29 January 2012

The Pizza Cafe, Queen Street, Newton Abbot

Seeing as I have practically lived in this place over the weekend, I thought I'd better write about it!  It's the natural place (for me) to meet in Newton.  As soon as the question arises it's 'well, let's go to the Pizza Cafe' it seems that everyone else does too.  It's light and bright and friendly and has obviously built up and kept a good reputation over the years.
Friday I went for pizza with a friend (American Graffiti, since you ask) followed by 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' which involved loads of icecream, cinder toffee, maple syrup and mini jelly babies.  The place was pleasantly full of birthday parties and people popping in for takeaway.  The waitresses are young (even younger than policemen I think) but all seemed to know their job and did it well - friendly, customer focussed, efficient.
This evening I popped in for a coffee with a friend and we were made just as welcome.  Actually, the coffee turned into Hot Chocolate on the Rocks which involves icecream, whipped cream, chocolate flakes and mini marshmallows.  It has to be a big cup to allow room for the hot chocolate.  We were in early, but even on a wet Sunday, people were coming in.
Here's hoping 2012 is a good year for the Pizza Cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment