Translate

Friday 26 August 2011

Mojo's Cafe, Fawdon Community Centre

If you're ever in Fawdon (as I was) and in need of sustenance (as I was), Mojo's is the place.  Fish and chips was tempting, but I opted for a sturdy ham and cheese sandwich and a mug of tea with the teabag left in so that I could get it as strong as I liked.  Ice cream was advertised, but cakes were in short supply, more of a savoury menu.  There was a sweetie section for the kids though.  It was all  very relaxed and everyone seemed to know everyone else.  You could even catch Bargain Hunt on the wall-mounted flat screen TV, or browse the newspapers from the nearby library express.  It's the kind of place that becomes home from home for some, a no nonsense community cafe in every sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment