Translate

Monday 8 August 2011

Blakes coffee shop, Grey Street

So many people have mentioned Blakes to me that I decided it was high time I visited.  Indeed, given where it is etc etc it's surprising that I haven't been before!  I met a friend there, we debated about sitting outside but I do prefer indoors, so in we went.  It had a good atmosphere - convivial may be the word.  We sat at a table in the window on a kind of dais so we could survey all the coming and going , and believe me this place is obviously beloved of office workers, shoppers and students alike.  The choice of food seemed wide and imaginative and the place is open late enough to make it a good venue pre-theatre or post work.

My lasting impressions were of a place that is buzzing, humming with life.  It's more that the standard dark furniture/wood floor/friendly staff combo.  Maybe Blakes is such a part of the local scene that it really does have a life of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment