Translate

Thursday 4 August 2011

Paper and Chalk, Nelson Street

I'd invited my little animal friends Hamster and Wombat to accompany me again and they suggested this venue having perused its website and decided this suited their dietary requirements.  Then I realised I had a problem - which was Hamster and which was Wombat?  We're at the stage in our friendship where you feel you can't ask again.

Anyway, we found Paper and Chalk cunning concealed under scaffolding, nestling opposite the Grainger market.  Inside was fashionably dark and compact. I thought there were more tables further in, but that turned out to be the beauty salon that is also part of the business.  As most of the tables were taken inside, we decided it was warm enough to sit out.  Hamster (or was it Wombat) looked cool in a fashionable maxi dress, while Wombat (or was it Hamster) wore collar and tie (tie removed when warm weather was announced - just like school).

It was nice to sit out and catch up and people watch.  The coffee was just warm but soya milk was on offer for those needing it.  I enjoyed my cheese scone and the cake that H&W shared looked nice too.  We completed the morning by skilfully arranging the sugars into an attractive pattern.  See below.

No comments:

Post a Comment