Translate

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Cafe Bar One, Harton, South Shields

While one part of my brain was well aware that Cafe Bar One was in Harton and was related to the lovely Cafe Bar One in Jesmond,  this information only clicked with the other part of my brain as I was slogging up Sunderland Road overdressed for the sunshine (for once!).  I called in.  There were tables outside but only the very hardy or ardent smokers will really want to sit at a road junction I guess.  Inside all is light and spacious with wooden floors, a couple of sofas in the window, modern dark wood tables and chairs elsewhere.  Yes,  they do have the same gorgeous chocolate cake that made my trip to CBO in Jesmond so memorable, but today I settled for a scone and tea.

Service was cheerful and prompt, some my-era music played in the background, there were a few people in mid morning, mid week.  An inspirational slogan on the wall advised me that retirement is only great big coffee break - can't wait!

I browsed the menu and there is certainly plenty of choice as well as special offers available.  And it's close to home!  Definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment