Translate

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Cafe Eat, Grainger market

They're coming along a bit like buses, these cafes, and I spotted another one on Pink Lane as well!  Hey ho, next week maybe!  But to business!  Cafe Eat, eat in or takeaway, actually eat in is a bit of a misnomer, as you are eating out in the middle of the Grainger market and I half expected comments from passers by and people holding up small children saying 'Look!  That one's eating!  Look!'

However, Grainger market is always nice to visit and there are cafes galore.  Could this be Newcastle's cafe hub?  Ordering arrangements weren't too clear - should I order at the counter, wait to be seated, wait to be served, carry my tea back myself?  Life can be too darn complicated if you try to get it all right, so I ordered at the counter, other people were waited on.  I waited for my tea, and pie and peas to be brought to me while others carried their own tea back and waited for their food.

The pot of tea was lovely.  The pie and peas were just right.  The price was great value and they do deals on scones/cake and tea in the afternoons.  Long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment