Translate

Sunday 27 May 2012

Fourboyz, York

Now me, I'm a cup of tea person as you know.  So when I visited York with friends recently and someone suggested a milkshake it felt like something daringly innovative.  We didn't know anywhere to go for this, so we just picked more or less the first place we came across (definitely friends after my own heart, these.  No discussion about going somewhere corporate that we'd all heard of!). 

Well, we made a good choice in Fourboyz.  The staff were mighty friendly and outgoing.  The cafe was clean and well presented (the steep stairs might pose a problem to some though) and we were early enough to have it all to ourselves (probably just as well, as our girlish laughter had already provoked some hard stares from fellow rail travellers).

The choice of milkshakes included chai.  The waitress advised the sweet-toothed one of the party that she wouldn't like it.  So my natural perversity kicked in and I ordered it.  Maybe it's a new addition to the menu, maybe they've had complaints, maybe Fourboyz don't have full confidence in the mixture - whatever the reason, a tiny cupful of chai mixture was brought for me to try before I committed myself.  As an occasional chai drinker, I am happy to confirm that it tasted wonderful and spicy and that it was probably the best milkshake I've ever tasted (though the last one may have been a strawberry one when I was about 6).

So, let's give three diamond jubilee cheers for friends who take you on adventures, the wonderfulness of York, sunshine, and Fourboyz and their chai milkshakes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I had tried the chai now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their fruit teas are fantastic

    ReplyDelete