Translate

Friday 28 September 2012

Vinci's opposite Newcastle Anglican cathedral

I actually did this one on Monday, when it was raining but Newburn had not yet been swept away, nor all transport links out of the north east severed by the storms.  I'd spotted it when driving through the city and made a mental note to visit. 

Vinci's is compact, very much geared to the lunchtime trade and with a bias to savoury rather than sweet.  Nonetheless, I enjoyed drinking my tea (proper cup and teapot!) and munching my kitkat  sitting at the window watching as Newcastle squelched its soggy way past me.  Daytime TV in the cafe was something I hadn't come across before and as a non-TV person I could have done without it, but it wasn't intrusive.

One to visit again?  It's central, it's eat-in, it's reasonably priced...what the heck - add it to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment