Translate

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Bill Quay Community Farm cafe

The sun is out!  The first time for about 18 months, it seems. I'm on holiday!  And here is the first of a crop of new cafes!

I discovered Bill Quay a few weeks ago when looking for a secondhand book shop (another story, possibly another blog) and was quite taken with the views down the river and the general atmosphere of the place.

Going back to explore further on a fine summer's day, I strolled round the community farm (free entry) and felt totally relaxed in beautiful countryside.  And after a stroll I needed refreshment, so luckily there was a cafe...

The cafe boasts that it uses fine local ingredients, has a low carbon footprint  and so on.  This translates into Ringtons tea in your cup and homemade cakes.  I was tempted to try the rhubarb cake (never had that before) but in the end played safe with a rather delicious carrot cake.  There were a few tables inside but on such a gorgeous day there was only one place to be - out in the sun admiring the wonderful view down the Tyne.

The tables were in great demand as families came to enjoy the farm and the cafe.  There was a picnic area too for those who like to bring their own.

What more can I say?  I've already recommended it to anyone who'll listen.  And as if the atmosphere, animals and view weren't enough to draw me back, I'm still intrigued by the thought of rhubarb cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment