Translate

Sunday 21 July 2013

Tutti Frutti Ice Cream Parlour, Whitburn

The first time I tried to sample the delights of Tutti Frutti it was closed following a break-in.  Break-in at an icecream parlour?  It wasn't me, but I could almost applaud this as the perfect crime without of course condoning all the inconvenience and loss of trade etc etc, especially at the hottest time of the year.

On my return visit, order had been restored and a sprinkling of locals were enjoying not only icecream but coffees and sandwiches.  What to order?  This recent heat has fried my brain and I really couldn't decide between the variety of cleverly named ices  - all of which seemed to feature a fearsome array of sprinkles, crumbs, mini pieces etc etc.  So I opted for the good old fashioned banana split!  I got the choose my three scoops of icecream and soon a banana smothered in toffee fudge, lemon meringue and white chocolate and, naturally, squirty cream was mine!

I enjoyed every mouthful seated on a 50s style bench seat and listening to The Carpenters blasting the past down the airwaves.

I reflect that Whitburn is turning into a bit of a teashop heaven.  You can of course have your walk along the cliffs,beach or in the countryside first, but there's plenty of free parking if you just want to make straight for the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment