Translate

Saturday 5 February 2011

Lisa's coffee shop and takeaway, Leazes Park Road

You'll be pleased to know I do review my own blogs from time to time and have already noticed a disturbng tendency to say that I will revisit all the places I have visited so far (2012's resolution?).  I had resolved not to say this again.  But that was before I went to Lisa's.  It's on the corner of Leazes Park Road, opposite Barker and Stonehouse and near the Strawberry.  And really, (I know, I know) it's such a find that I will be going there again and probably again.

I've had my eye on it for a while but coffee drinking friends tend to the conservative and will only go to certain well-tried establishments.  So it was with a sense of rightness that I crossed the car park and entered, not just a tea shop, I tell you, but a different world.  You slide through the door into a light and airy room that must have been the sitting room in the good old Georgian days when the house was built.  There are even the original wooden window shutters and original woodwork everywhere, all beautifully painted and the whole place glows!  Yes I did like it.  It's tiny, of course, but that just fostered the illusion that I was actually taking tea in the drawing room while reading Jane Austen's latest and waiting for Colin Firth to turn up dripping wet.  We can all dream...
Lisa, or her representative on earth, chatted nicely while serving me with my mug of tea and slice of tiffin.  It was great and the rest of the menu looked good too, though I couldn't see the cakes to make an informed judgement.  Definitely the right tearoom at the right time!  Full of light and sunniness and tea and tiffin and wafted off to Eldon Square to sign my life away to Virgin media.  Couldn't have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment