Translate

Monday 14 February 2011

Tasty Jack's, Newgate Centre

I spotted this one after I had been to Mark Toney's and had added it to the hit list.  Today was the day!  I briefly toyed with the idea of Coffee Bean in Old Eldon Square, but that it shelved for another time.
So,   TJs - wooden floors, tables, the ubiquitous sofas if you must, books to read, music that is just a little different.  It feels homely, slightly reminiscent of upstairs at the Boston Tea Party in Exeter, for those who have been.  I chose a danish pastry and tea (£2 offer) having been kindly warned that the muffins might be a bit stale.  The breakfasts looked good too but I couldn't justify.
I had the place to myself - seems like the times of day that I am out coffee-shopping the rest of the world is doing other things.  Then a friend came and joined me for a second cup.  It's one to recommend, handy for town, not corporate.  You feel your money is going to real people not shareholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment