Translate

Thursday 7 April 2011

The Heaton Perk, Heaton Park Road

Discussing my quest with colleagues at work, someone mentioned the Heaton Perk which I had never heard of before and as it is high time I redressed the balance of visits in favour of the east side of town, I did a little recce and decided to visit!  There are plenty of places in Heaton Road and Chillingham Road for later, but I must admit I was very taken with the Heaton Perk.
It reminded me of the Tiny Tea Tent that I encountered at (I think) Larmer Tree and Greenbelt festivals.  Very relaxed, fine selection of herbal teas, chocolate chip shortbread to die for, just fine, I felt really at home.  I sat in the window, drinking tea, munching shortbread, reading the newspapers on offer and taking in the scene.  As always, I'd picked a quiet time of day, but by the look of the toys and board games available I guess this is a valued community place where families are welcome.  There's plenty of information about what's on too - leaflets, posters.  All this and tea served in a proper teapot to be poured into a proper cup and saucer.  Another little jewel hidden away, and definitely one that I'll revisit

No comments:

Post a Comment