Translate

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mikaids, corner of Westgate Road

As it happened I was working in the town centre today.  Ideal opportunity to visit another cafe I thought. But where to go, I couldn't think!  Now don't get me wrong, no one is in danger of starving in Newcastle!  There are plenty of places but either I have visited them already or they don't quite fit my criteria.  I walked past a couple in Pilgrim Street that looked great but I only had an hour and I didn't really want a cafe that thinks it's a restaurant.
Mikaids turned out to be my answer.  Bright and breezy and ideally placed for the Central Station, it has a few tables and barstools but I suspect also does a roaring trade in takeaways.  The sandwich fillings on display looked fine, ditto the cakes, but once I had seen the breakfast menu I knew that bacon, sausage, beans and toast for £2.99 had to be mine.  It arrived in next to no time along with a latte and it hit the spot exactly.  I went back to work fortified for the afternoon ahead.  Definitely the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment