Translate

Saturday 26 November 2011

The beginning of the end

Just a short musing as 2011 draws to a close and with it the first New Year's resolution that I have kept ever!  Even if I stop now, I have never kept a resolution this long.  But then, I've never made one involving food before (well, only one - Wombat will remind me if I don't mention our monthly forays down Ocean Road, South Shields a few years back.  Yes, a different Indian restaurant a month - we nearly managed it).

I'll save the full post mortem for the year end, but at this time I just feel I want to set a few thoughts down. 

Firstly, for those of you who keep up to date with the news, I was not offered anything other than chips at the Happy Chip, nor did I suspect anything else.  Hope the condition of the lady in hospital improves soon - what a worry for her family.  Legal highs?  Stick to tea and coffee I think.

Secondly,  for those of you who browse the businesses for sale section of The Journal, have you noticed how frequently cafes come up for sale?  Is is always like this?  Or is this a result of the economic downturn or whatever it is we're having right now?  And wow, how tempting!  Grace's High Class Tea Rooms - I can see my name in lights!  But would I have what it takes to run a tearoom?  What theme would I take, where would it be?  As I'm typing this, I'm imagining a 1940s/50s look - carpet, square tables with white cloths, proper teapots and cups, waitresses in black dresses with little white caps (dresses to be of below-knee length before you get ideas).  Perhaps a bit of swing or jazz in the background.  Flowers of the table.  Civilised.  Nothing loud.  Oh, what the heck!  I don't have the cash anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment