Translate

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cafe no 95, Gosforth High Street

A bit like buses, cafes are coming along in twos and threes at the moment.  Cafe no 95 was one that I didn't quite make it to last year, so when the opportunity arose I took it.  I had a feeling that Gosforth was under-represented anway, and lo and behold there is another cafe I wasn't even aware of right opposite no 95 - the list goes on!
Anyway, to business.  No 95 struck me as functional and businesslike.  Plain, clean decor, proper chairs (but I bet they had sofas lurking somewhere) and high chairs in evidence, so this is obviously somewhere the young parents of Gosforth hang out. 
I ordered tea and a caramel slice and was served cheerfully and efficiently.  I have to say that the caramel slice was very nice, almost a minty taste, don't know what they put in it - mint?  From the corner table I had a good view of the street and all the comings and goings, that's how I saw the cafe opposite. 
Plus points to no 95 for staff greeting regulars, and I might have to go back and check that caramel slice again...

No comments:

Post a Comment