Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Cathedral refectory, Durham and then al fresco!

I had a little day out today as I wasn't working.  It turned out to be as warm as a summer day, blue sky, sunshine, fab weather for Durham.  I'd been on quite a long walk (for an old person) so the tea and Victoria Sandwich in the refectory was very welcome.  Still reviving pilgrims 1000 years on - beat that any fast food chain!  It's so cosy in there, and proper tables and chairs for all I'm pleased to report.  Thus restored, I went to Cuthbert's shrine and then into the market place which was basking lazily in the sun.  It was so lovely I bought a takeaway tea and cake and just sat and enjoyed it soaking up vitamin D and listening to a busker in 70s mode playing the soundtrack to my teenage years.  Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment