Translate

Saturday 1 October 2011

Coffeeholic, Chillingham Road, Heaton

Well, here we are in October, warmer than the Med, and me without a cafe to go to!  This is the closest I've come to missing a week (can't count Morrisons because I have been there before only without a tablecloth).  I tried one of my hitlist at lunchtime only to find they don't do Saturdays and so by the afternoon I was a bit stuck for ideas.  Enter another friend with a bright idea!  In true journalistic fashion I never name my sources, so let's just call her 'Rebecca', and she it was who told me that Coffeeholic is open late every day and as I happened to be over that way in any case...pure serendipity!

I was able to park easily and freely outside, which was a bonus, and once inside Coffeeholic has a warm and friendly atmosphere.  You know how old fashioned I am in the matter of seating, so the sofas and bucket chairs didn't suit me particularly although there were also dining chairs that were comfortable and bar stools in the window.  Wooden floors seem to be the industry standard at the moment and the walls were brightened with lots of pictures in small and unusual frames.  Another nice jokey touch was the wall of clocks showing Heaton time, Toon time,  Jesmond time, Wallsend time etc.  Newspapers and board games were available too.

I ordered a cupcake and latte which were brought to my table and were both a generous size. So I sat and enjoyed and browsed the menu and soaked what felt like a very continental atmosphere - warmth, relaxing music, a couple chatting in German, plenty of people out strolling.  Yep, it was another good one - thank you 'Rebecca' and may the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment