Translate

Thursday 14 July 2011

A Grand Day Out

Been on a bit of a jolly today, and I couldn't have picked better weather!  Antiques Roadshow this morning, so the world will see just how gorgeous the North East is when it is broadcast.  The queues were phenomenal!  Fortunately I have no antiques (just went to be nosey) so I was able leave early on for my next appointment at Seven Stories.

As I was early I thought I'd check out the Ouseburn Farm first.  Cheapest mug of tea in town at 60p!  A little local difficulty with the cheese scone, easily resolved by having a fairy cake instead!  The cafe overlooks the Cluny and the Ouseburn and on a sunny day it was fab. 

From there it was a short toddle to Seven Stories where I was booked on a tour round.  Fascinating place!  The tour ended with a cream tea in the cafe.  The staff had laid the table beautifully for us -  folded serviettes, the works.  And we sat overlooking the Ouseburn again enjoying a wonderful scone and cream, tea and coffee.  I had to educate the rest of the party about the cream going on first, so my livin has not been in vain.
You can visit the cafe without paying to go round Seven Stories and there is free parking nearby.  Could turn out to be a nice little bolthole...

No comments:

Post a Comment