Translate

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Mid year hiccups

I can't believe it's halfway through 2011 already.  I might be drinking tea well into 2012 at this rate.  Just to record other places I've visited this year so far.  Libby and Pepe's cafe on Adelaide Terrace for one, it serves a wide variety of English, oriental and filipino dishes and probably deserved more attention than my feeble cup of tea and Kitkat.  And there's Expresso Lounge in Eldon Gardens.  Nice latte and packaged organic shortbread.  Candy coloured seats and mugs with colourful jelly handles. And the whole surrounded by a rather alarming pink hedge of artificial twigs. For some reason I was reminded of the Glastonbury Thorn, though if the pink stuff grew it really would be a miracle.

And now, the roll of honour.  Places I can't include in the blog cos I've visited them before.  Here goes in no particular order

Nobles off Northumberland Street
Laing Art Gallery cafe
Kaffecinos
The Sage
The Baltic
Debenhams
The cafe in the Grainger Market
The Singing Hinny on Shields Road
cafe at St Nicholas cathedral
Cloister cafe at St Marys cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment