Translate

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Lickety Split!

This is strictly outside my remit, but in the line of duty I just had to sample an ice cream sundae with friends on a sunny afternoon when, by all accounts Newcastle was still experiencing monsoon weather.  When we arrived the queue was literally out the door as a class of soon-to-be-demobbed school children were there for an end of term treat.  Apparently the Brownies like it too.

Eventually we got inside and admired the 50s style decor including bench seating back to back alongside tables, and a lifesize cardboard cutout of Elvis.  Appropriate music was played throughout.  Nothing like Unchained Melody to go with your sundae.  I chose Truly Toffee but the berry one and the Chantilly one with white maltesers in it also looked edible.  In fact I could probably force one of everything on the menu down, over a period of time naturally.

It's a one-off, a lovely treat.  And, I'm told a something similar has now opened in Fulwell.  I may have to investigate...

No comments:

Post a Comment