Translate

Saturday 31 December 2011

The End of the Beginning

So, here it is the last day of 2011, and my new year's resolution is complete!  I'm sitting at the computer is my best frock and tiara, ready to hand out plaudits to the cafes I have visited this year.  It's not so much the oscars and the Buckingham Palace garden party - a handshake and a smile for everyone and thank you for making it such a fun year.  Here goes with the thanks and the awards...

I'd like to thank the friends and family members that have accompanied me on my travels and made helpful comments and suggestions.  I could have done it without you, but with you it was more fun.

Thanks too to my 'followers' and the people who have commented on the posts and to everyone else who has read the blog.  I've had over 3000 page views this year and I'm delighted with that.

All the cafes I've visited have been special in their own way, so I'm not including a category for best tea or coffee - that's down to personal taste.  These mentions are just a way of highlighting memorable events of the year (in Grace's terms), so here goes:-

Cafe with Star Quality - the Oven Door for it's association with the late Norman Wisdom
Best Little Nook  - Lisa's Coffee House
Nicest Ambience - The Heaton Perk and The Settle Down Cafe
Specialness - The Basement Coffee House (the one that started it all)
Best Cafe at a festival - The Hungry Elephant at the Green Festival
Best Cake - Cafe Bar One for the best chocolate cake ever
Most Helpful - Chelsea Dock (for the tea towel) and Aurora Deli (for cooking breakfast)
Most Unusual - Tea Sutra
Most Popular in page views - The Fat Hippo (seems like everyone wants to go there)
Best contributor to the Big Society - Coffee Cottage
Best decor - Chelsea Dock and Tea Sutra

But in general a big hurrah for everyone!

Now, what for 2012?  I intend to keep Let's Say Grace going as an occasional blog, revisiting places and possibly including meals (can you eat your way round the world in Newcastle?).  But my 2012 resolution is to do a walk a week.  No distance specified, not only new routes, but I do have to do that walk.  I hope you'll be joining me.  All the best for the new year and for your resolutions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment