Translate

Friday 17 August 2012

Interval Cafe at the Gala Theatre, Durham; and Vennells

It's been a Durham day today, I do love that place, and not having visited for so long makes a visit all the more special.  My friend and I have a routine of meeting at Interval and then attacking the town centre.  Today we enjoyed cheese scones and a nice latte (me) and a tea (friend).  I asked for the teabag to be left to one side as I know she is a weak tea person but the guy serving forgot to do that.  When he realised his mistake he did her a fresh pot, really kind I thought.

After browsing the shops we slid up the alleyway to Vennells.  You always know you will get good service and good food at Vennells and that there will always be a queue and a scramble for tables.  All worth it, of course.  Somehow Vennells is Durham, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment