Translate

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Street Level, Abbeygate Street, Bury St Edmunds

The A15 eventually deposited me at Bury St Edmunds.  Well worth a visit.  I decided on an all day breakfast and the first place that I came upon was Street Level, which offered the works for £3.95.  I got in early and had the place to myself - later I noticed it was full and had tables and an icecream stall outside.  It was prettily decorated with hanging baskets outside and inside was clean and cosy. Staff friendly too, but I hope that would go without saying in what is obviously  tourist area.  One question:  can you iron toast?  Mine was very straight and very flat but nonetheless tasty.

Later in the day I visited the North End Cafe for a milkshake (a throwback to York) and was impressed by the value for money and the layout of the cafe.  They have a huge aisle down the middle, ideal for buggies, wheelchairs etc etc and have obviously sacrificed table space to do this.  It made for a peaceful atmosphere where you might have least expected it.

To sum up.  You will never starve in Bury St Edmunds while our economic system holds up.  There are cafes everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment