Translate

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Mochachinos, Kings Lynn

Yes, Grace is on tour again!  It's a road trip to Essex via Kings Lynn! And so it was that I found myself in Kings Lynn bus station looking for a cup of tea.  A word of warning:  Kings Lynn closes at 4pm, most cafes I tried were about to close up but Mochachinos was resolute in opening well after the rest of the town had been abandoned.

The first hurdle, of course, is do you order at the counter or sit and wait to be served.  No helpful notices either.  I accosted a waitress and then sat down, later she came and took my order.  Even later another group came in and ordered directly at the counter - aaarrrggghh!!

That said, M's is all that a bus station cafe should be.  A glorious mix of quite contemporary furnishings, cheap food and a mixed clientele.  I felt quite nostalgic.  The tea and cinnamon bun were tasty and welcome and I went on my way rejoicing.

The rest of my journey led me down the A15 and I feel a whole mini series about truck stops along the A roads of East Anglia coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment